Interested in Pathology- need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSV MD 2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI! I will be starting medical school in the fall and am thinking about pursuing pathology as a specialty. what can I do from the beginning to figure out if pathology is for me and also to make good contacts for residency programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi MSV MD 2B,

Its awesome that you already have an interest in the field, as many of us in this forum were in your shoes not long ago... However, don't let that interest translate into not focusing on everything that is offered in medical school, specially the first 2 years (basic sciences).

I have seen many classmates like a certain field and not pay attention to subjects that they thought was not related to that field and pay the price down the road. For now, enjoy your time off before that start of school, relax and once classes begin focus on learning the subjects and doing well...everything else works its way in there. As for connections you'll make them once your feet are wet (after a couple of semesters)

Good luck with your studies~!

GD