Interested in the military? Fine Print for HPSP/ADHPLRP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billawong7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found some fine print for both of these programs. The HPSP is a loan payment program for students to participate in during school for either 3/4 years, the army offers 2k/mo. and a 20k lump sign on which doesn't require extra time if you use the HPSP for 4 years, but increases your service to 4 years if you are in the 3 year program. The ADHPLRP (40k/yr up to 120k) is a loan repayment program after school that can be combined with the HPLR, another loan repayment that offers (50k, disbursed 20k, 20k, 10k). I know it was from 2006, but is the best information I have been able to find that I hear some HPSP students didn't find out from their recruiter. Enjoy!

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r601_141.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I found some fine print for both of these programs. The HPSP is a loan payment program for students to participate in during school for either 3/4 years, the army offers 2k/mo. and a 20k lump sign on which doesn't require extra time if you use the HPSP for 4 years, but increases your service to 4 years if you are in the 3 year program. The ADHPLRP (40k/yr up to 120k) is a loan repayment program after school that can be combined with the HPLR, another loan repayment that offers (50k, disbursed 20k, 20k, 10k). I know it was from 2006, but is the best information I have been able to find that I hear some HPSP students didn't find out from their recruiter. Enjoy!

You are posting the HPSP info in the wrong forum. Plus, if you just scan the military forum, you would have found everything you mentioned about the HPSP and lots more. And, it would have been current info.

It's pretty common knowledge. Check the military dentistry forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have checked the military forum, but i have to admit not thoroughly. this was just quick info for predents that have an inkling or interest in financing dental school through the military. i am someone that has to see the fine print, i don't want to rely on hearsay or on someone's personal account that may be different.

i have checked the military forum, but i have to admit not thoroughly. this was just quick info for predents that have an inkling or interest in financing dental school through the military. i am someone that has to see the fine print, i don't want to rely on hearsay or on someone's personal account that may be different.

All HPSP contracts are the same throughout the services for any given year. Details may change from year to year, but they are mostly the same. That said - it doesn't matter what type of contract a person signs in life, a person needs to read them with a fine toothed comb. There are always details in contracts that have inadvertently not mentioned.

Regarding the military forum, there are severalof us who have lived the militarylife for quite a while now. We don't lead people astray. We come here tohelp answer questions and to debunk the bad info that may be mentioned.

You say you don't want to rely on hearsay or on someone's personal account. Well, what do you think you are doing here. You are posting your opinion based on your account basedon info you found that was posted 7 years prior and have admitted you didn't thoroughly do searches through the info to find info you referenced in your origininal post. Can you see where you are potentially setting someone else up for problems?

For those on SDN who are interested in military scholarships, post your questions and commments in the military forum and get info from people who have lived life in the military and know who to ask when obscure questions are asked,