Interesting Article on Med School Anatomy/Cadavers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boaz

shanah alef
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Click here.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone read "body of work" by christine montross?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone read "body of work" by christine montross?

I've read it, but I've read so many (well, three or so) books about med school anatomy that I'm not sure which is which? is she the one who was at Brown and went into psychiatry? if that's the one, I really liked her writing. I've also read a book by a journalist who spent a semester in the anatomy lab with students at Emory (I think it was Emory) but I can't recall the title/author. and I'm sure I've read a third book on the same subject but don't recall any other details...obviously it was the least memorable book on the subject:)

I've read it, but I've read so many (well, three or so) books about med school anatomy that I'm not sure which is which? is she the one who was at Brown and went into psychiatry? if that's the one, I really liked her writing. I've also read a book by a journalist who spent a semester in the anatomy lab with students at Emory (I think it was Emory) but I can't recall the title/author. and I'm sure I've read a third book on the same subject but don't recall any other details...obviously it was the least memorable book on the subject:)

yeah, she was the one from brown. i thought it was an interesting book, but it got old after a chapter or two. i feel like she found profound meaning in everything, and come on, life is just not like that.

Wow, great article! Thanks OP...
I had no idea that sometimes memorial services are held as a way to thank the families. That's really, REALLY cool. Is that just G'town, or do most schools do some form of this?

based on the places where I've interviewed, it seems most schools have some sort of memorial service for the donors and their families

Wow, great article! Thanks OP...
I had no idea that sometimes memorial services are held as a way to thank the families. That's really, REALLY cool. Is that just G'town, or do most schools do some form of this?

Here at Downstate, they told us that we will be having a memorial service for our bodies...we are all looking forward to meeting the families to thank them for this once in a lifetime opportunity.