Interesting day in the clinic today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghost dog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had quite the interesting talk with my RN in the clinic today. It turns out she is not only a physician, but also a cardiologist by training ( from China ).

I have been working with this person for the past 4 months, and she hadn't mentioned this, although I guess I should have realized something was up when she showed significant skill with ECG interpretation ( she sat in while I was teaching a resident ).

Quite the surprise. "Oh , by the way I'm a doctor.."

Members don't see this ad.

I had quite the interesting talk with my RN in the clinic today. It turns out she is not only a physician, but also a cardiologist by training ( from China ).

I have been working with this person for the past 4 months, and she hadn't mentioned this, although I guess I should have realized something was up when she showed significant skill with ECG interpretation ( she sat in while I was teaching a resident ).

Quite the surprise. "Oh , by the way I'm a doctor.."

Makes you stop and think about things doesn't it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not a 3 yr IM residency here?

That's what I asked her. She told me it was too costly.

However, I believe the rate limiting step is her spoken and written English unfortunately ( which is a real shame).

There is also the level of the actual training too.

Just because you are a "doctor" in some countries does not mean that that person has a concordant knowledge base as a western trained physician...

I had two different FMG senior residents in internship. These guys were IM subspec in their home countries. One guy from India and the other from China. Cool customers, nothing seemed to rattle/bother them.