Interesting DO fact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biz Markie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The coolest doctor on ER is a DO..

Peter that is!

He handles his business.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't recall Peter Benton being a DO. He said he was AOA. That is...Alpha Omega Alpha, the national medical school honor society. Is there any evidence of him being a DO? I haven't found any yet, though I thought he was a DO at one time too. I DO recall him saying to someone how he busted his butt to get into a top med school, but to eventually find out he was accepted only to fulfill a racial quota.

Peter went to The University of Illinois - Chicago for med school. This info was revealed last season when he went through his admissions application and found out that he was an AA admit. Dr. Benton is an M.D.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to beat a dead horse, but for those ER obsessed persons like myself...do you remember the episode where the HMO rep. wouldn't allow a treatment and Dr. Benton asked if she had an MD behind her hame? He could have said DO, but didn't. I guess that adds to the proof that he's an MD.

Yeah you guys got me, I was lying.

Peter is the coolest though.

One of the technical advisors on the show is a DO:

Jon Fong, DO
COMP Class of 84

He used to show us pictures of him trying to teach George Clooney (Dr Ross) how to intubate during our ER lectures.

Rob
WesternU/COMP '02