Interesting ERAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaitingfortheKnicks

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question regarding ERAS and USMLE scores. I see that first day to submit on timeline is Sept 5th; however, it appears that I ERAS will let me certify and submit my application right now? If I do this early, will this trigger a USMLE score report now or on Sept 5th?

I ask as I am anxiously awaiting my Step 2 CS report this Wednesday and am concerned I may have failed. I am wondering if there is an outside chance I could submit everything today/tomorrow and get a score report generated that would not include CS.

I know this is a long shot but wanted to see if anyone had any experience in the area.

Members don't see this ad.

A) this is not an interesting question (sorry, couldn’t help myself)
B) if I recall, yes, you could submit an application before 9/15 including USMLE transcript without CS (assuming it hasn’t resulted) and schools will not see your CS unless you resubmit the transcript with CS on it. I do not believe you can certify and submit now. That’s what the window between 9/6 and 9/15 is

Reactions: 1 user
actually On 2nd thought i think I’m totally wrong and that you can generate a score report now that would be part of your application and only updated if you requested a new usmle transcript