Interesting final tallies from Last Year with Accept/Reject/WL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's a very interesting link I think you should all take a look at to see what's up with adcoms minds :)

<a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001743" target="_blank">Last years acceptances WL and rejections</a>

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmmmm..... very interesting reading. thanks, scooby!

$h*t!! I actually didn't think this process was that much of a crapshoot!! Just when you think you are starting to understand, you read something like this and you're blown away :eek:
Anyone else have this reaction??

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I knew it was a crapshoot -- that's why we're all applying to so many schools, right? -- but it's still disconcerting to see the particulars. :(

Thanks for the link scooby. It was amazing reading about those people who got into UCSF, Duke, etc...makes me feel small though :(

Thanx for posting that Scoob. That was one of the first threads on SDN that I actually followed. Refreshing to look at it again now that we're in the process.

Does anybody else feel like they are reading a pleasant short story (Reader's Digestish) while perusing through that thread? It had the hero(ine)s that got off the waitlists yigit, crafty beckyG etc. it even had a small role antagonist (jalapeno) :D

Does anybody else feel like they are reading a pleasant short story (Reader's Digestish) while perusing through that thread? It had the hero(ine)s that got off the waitlists yigit, crafty beckyG etc. it even had a small role antagonist (jalapeno)
••

It does, doesn't it? Oh, yeah, thanks Scoob!

What a read! I couldn't take my eyes away from it. I was sort of unsure, as a older (30!) non-traditional (BA in Economics and English, 8-year reporting career) if I should roll the dice and try for biggies like UCSF. This thread only reinforces the adage "The biggest risk of all is in not taking the risk."

Anyone else curious if Christiangirl ever got off the waitlist and into Duke? I actually sensed a bit of sexual tension between her and JoseJalapeno! A "spicey" relationship, if you will. :D

Actually, Christiangirl got off the waitlist at Mayo, which she was really happy about.

There actually were some great success stories last summer -- nearly all the posters I knew of ended up getting off of the waitlists at their "top choice" schools.