interesting information about ACA a.k.a Obamacare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bshark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got info from an attending physician about the impact of Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare. So, he said that basically the downside to it is that there will be drastic cuts in funding to all teaching hospitals. So basically hospitals will face even more challenges in training residents. Just wanted to get your thoughts and see if you have heard about this part already. Sorry I wrote this initially while having an argument with a friend who's a physician about this act....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ok so I got info from an attending physician about the impact of Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare. So, he said that basically the downside to it is that there will be drastic cuts in funding to all teaching hospitals. So basically hospitals will face even more challenges in training residents. Just wanted to get your thoughts and see if you have heard about this part already. Sorry I wrote this initially while having an argument with a friend who's a physician about this act....

Sweet, another thread about Obamacare. When I become president, I'm going to drastically change the healthcare system, so that SDN can comment on the AgentBCare. :corny:

I think if you were to ask a squirrel about the ACA he'll respond that there will be drastic reduction in nut production, and all squirrels will face more challenges in finding nuts and many will face starvation. But they really don't know how many nuts they'll be able to store until nut-storing season is upon them, so it'll mostly be conjecture and hand-wringing that serves mainly to stress out younger, less experienced squirrels.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think if you were to ask a squirrel about the ACA he'll respond that there will be drastic reduction in nut production, and all squirrels will face more challenges in finding nuts and many will face starvation. But they really don't know how many nuts they'll be able to store until nut-storing season is upon them, so it'll mostly be conjecture and hand-wringing that serves mainly to stress out younger, less experienced squirrels.

:thumbup:

I think this is my favorite post I've read on SDN to date. Too good. I will be using this analogy in the future haha

guis didn't u know? obamacare's expansion of the public health service with the introduction of a ready reserve is actually a ploy so that when he enacts martial law, some 40-60 year old physicians, psychologists, PAs, and nurse practitioners will trade their white coats for SS uniforms and go on killing sprees.

Hoard as much ammunition as u can and go join yer local militia. u think that nurse at the federal medical center u volunteered at was mean? u ain't seen nothing when she's goose steppin' 'round washington screaming "heil Obama." i'm gonna go grab my ar15 and get on the phone with alex jones.

guis didn't u know? obamacare's expansion of the public health service with the introduction of a ready reserve is actually a ploy so that when he enacts martial law, some 40-60 year old physicians, psychologists, PAs, and nurse practitioners will trade their white coats for SS uniforms and go on killing sprees.

Hoard as much ammunition as u can and go join yer local militia. u think that nurse at the federal medical center u volunteered at was mean? u ain't seen nothing when she's goose steppin' 'round washington screaming "heil Obama." i'm gonna go grab my ar15 and get on the phone with alex jones.

Everytime I see your Uncle Ruckus avatar, I keep wondering "when are they going to release Boondocks season 4?"