interesting jobs that pay well

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

albany11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PA and CRNA are a great job that pays well :thumbup: :D :D

PA Salaries by State

The AAPA reported mean total income (MTI) from primary employer for clinically practicing PAs working at least 32 hours a week in its 2004 census report. ADVANCE compiled this chart using data from AAPA's 50 individual state reports.

Alaska $90,605
Nevada $88,565
Connecticut $86,908
California $86,596
Arkansas $85,901
Texas $83,753
Mississippi $83,029
Florida $82,372
Rhode Island $81,981
Louisiana $81,437
Oklahoma $81,381
Arizona $80,810
New Jersey $80,719
Tennessee $80,438
Georgia $80,426
Delaware $80,188
Michigan $78,806
Missouri $78,761
New Hampshire $78,602
Maryland $78,318
Hawaii $78,061
Massachusetts $77,951
Washington $77,869
Wisconsin $77,596
Idaho $76,900
New York $76,773
Iowa $76,478
Minnesota $76,378
Utah $76,352
Wyoming $76,285
Alabama $76,156
North Carolina $76,015
South Carolina $75,998
Nebraska $75,981
Illinois $75,925
Oregon $75,781
Maine $75,717
New Mexico $75,548
Virginia $75,491
Kentucky $75,155
Montana $74,985
Ohio $74,253
Colorado $72,852
South Dakota $72,679
Indiana $72,309
North Dakota $71,782
Kansas $71,754
Vermont $71,513
Pennsylvania $68,224
West Virginia $67,759

Source: American Academy of Physician Assistants

http://www.bentleygrp.com/nurseanesthetist.htm

http://www.gaswork.com/cgi-bin/ipbltsrch.exe?ForumID=JOB4MD&IPro_ShowSummary=1

ARKANSAS

Job Code: P206: CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

Sign-On Bonus

Northwest Arkansas, quiet neighborhoods and natural beauty. Ideal place to raise a family. 6 weeks paid vacation Estimated starting salary of $150k- $180k. Paid interview expenses.

CONTACT: The Bentley Group 1-866-734-3550 Fax: 561-734-3449 Bennett Vivona [email protected] or apply online

Nurse Anesthesia Jobs

FLORIDA

Job Code: P208 CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

$10k Sign-On!

One of the Best 100 small towns in America. Festive and Fun! Attractive housing opportunities.

2 positions available. Salary to $130k W/Call. Bread and Butter Cases. (OB, PEDS, GYN, THOR, URO)

Benefits: Health Insurance/PPO and *PAID* Malpractice Insurance.

CONTACT: The Bentley Group 1-866-734-3550 Fax: 561-734-3449 Bennett Vivona [email protected] or apply online

FLORIDA

Job Code: P209 CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

IMMEDIATE START!

Expanding Very busy practice! Experienced or New Grad.

Overtime and Call Available with Premium Pay! Cases Include: GI/ENDO

NO CALL EVER! NO NIGHTS, WEEKENDS or HOLIDAYS! 401k with 50% Match.

FLORIDA

Job Code: P213 CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

One of the largest medical clinics in the southeast, committed to setting new standards for quality health care.

Expanding Multi Specialty Clinic! Out patient and No OB, No Call and No Weekends! 4 or 5 days a week option. Starting salary $108K, 5 weeks Vacation. 401k. [email protected] or apply online

Nurse Anesthesia Jobs

GEORGIA

Job Code: P210 CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

$10k Sign-On

Level 1 Trauma Center

Southern Charm! Historic Beauty! One of America's Top 10 Best Cities!

CRNA Owned Group is adding new staff.

Starting Salary $120k, 5 weeks paid Vacation, Retirement Plan with 3% Match.

GEORGIA

Job Code: P211 CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

Central Georgia

CRNA Owned Group!

Regionals Experienced or willing to train. $40 million a year company. HUGE EXPANSION!

Mix of Ortho and Bread and Butter cases. No Hearts. $160k starting salary with $200k + First Year $300k Second Year Potential. Malpractice and Employee Health Insurance. :D

Nurse Anesthesia Jobs

NORTH CAROLINA

Job Code: P214 CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

Coastal North Carolina Location. Flexible Schedule, including 1 week on and 1 week off. CRNA will do all types of anesthesia including hearts. Cardiac experience helpful but not necessary. Plenty of bread and butter cases. Salary $125k,Family health care coverage and retirement. Benefits start immediately.

THE CAROLINA'S

Job Code: P207: CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

Charming Waterfront Town! Named one of the 100 Best Small Towns.

CRNA Anesthesia Group

Must be certified AANA or in process. Retirement Plan with 6% match! 32 days paid time off!

CRNA's take second call only. Estimated Starting Salary $120k- $130k.

SOUTH CAROLINA

Job Code: P212 CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

Beautiful scenery, historically significant sites, and friendly people.

$20k Sign-On

Experienced CRNA's $75 hourly! New Grads $70 hourly.

The base and total income package is $145k to $156k. Overtime that can easily add up to another $20k to $40k.

New Grad or experienced welcome.

After one year with this company you can become a shareholder which gives you voting rights and you can be elected to the UAP Board of Directors.

Nurse Anesthesia Jobs

TENNESSEE

Job code: P213 CRNA (Nurse Anesthesia)

$10k+ Sign-On

New Opening!

A community healthcare provider for nearly eight decades, boasts the region's newest hospital facility – a state-of-the-art campus completed in January 1994. The hospital is situated on 125 acres and offers a vast spectrum of cutting-edge medical services and technologies. CRNA's do spinals and EPI's. Day off after call paid. 8 weeks vacation. Immediate Start. CONTACT: The Bentley Group 1-866-734-3550 Fax: 561-734-3449 Bennett Vivona [email protected] or apply online

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not bad....nice jobs and salaries :rolleyes:

PA--highest salary is AK--will never go back to live there! :laugh:

I know a lady that works 3 days a week and makes $93K a yr here in FL, so the possibilities are endless for PA. This was my first choice along with dentistry....

I wouldn't change dentistry for anything else :)

are there anymore interesting jobs that pay well (over 100k) both in the medical field and not? Interested so i know all my options.

Can't think of too many..........anyone else?

wannabedr said:
are there anymore interesting jobs that pay well (over 100k) both in the medical field and not? Interested so i know all my options.

Can't think of too many..........anyone else?

Optometry, Dentistry, Podiatry, Pharmacy....

This is very helpful for people seeking jobs like you posted..

I hope you could also post openings for dental-related jobs..especially those who would welcome foreign dentists who would like to work as DA..This will benefit a lot of people that visit this site..:)

Mix of Ortho and Bread and Butter cases. No Hearts. $160k starting salary with $200k + First Year $300k Second Year Potential. Malpractice and Employee Health Insurance.
$120-160k starting salary for CRNAs? This is more than some internists. And $200-300k after a year or two? Where does this money come from?

Note: I'm not slamming CRNAs. I just don't know too much about the profession, but it's depressing if a CRNA can make more than an anesthesiologist, considering the length of training.

I just recently learned of the existence of AA's (Anesthesia Assistants), who are apparently equal to CRNAs but with more limited "practice" rights (Mostly limited to the South East)

However, the program is a two-year MMsc in AA, and does NOT require one to be a RN with at least one year of CCU work experience; you can enter the program straight from college.

The requirements are the premed requirements and biochemistry, and the GRE (some accept the MCAT). It seems a much better option than a two-year MSBS because you're very employable with a good salary in the event you're not admitted, which is not true of the SMP/MS programs out there.

I saw some job ads for AA's in the ATL region, starting at $130,000 - $140,000. It's a relatively unknown field as well, so there is little competition.

It's something I am considering if I fail to get in again this year. I'd rather work two years in something directly relevant to medicine while enhancing my career potential than to blow two years on some pointless MS that won't help if I'm not admitted.

JKD

AA is a great field. I think they have practice rights in 16 states now with a few more added every year.there are currently 3 programs training AA's(emory,case western, south u.) with a ferw in the planning stages. practices that employ both AA and CRNA folks use them in the same capacity and pay them the same. some mixed AA/CRNA groups are headed by AA'a so the AA is by no means the inferior practitioner . there is an anesthesia forum at www.physicianassistant.net that is moderated by an AA so if you have questions you can ask them over there-e

JKDMed said:
The requirements are the premed requirements and biochemistry, and the GRE (some accept the MCAT). It seems a much better option than a two-year MSBS because you're very employable with a good salary in the event you're not admitted, which is not true of the SMP/MS programs out there.

Just curious as to what MSBS and SMP/MS is? I searched but no luck. And sorry if this is a dumb question :(.

wabisabi said:
Just curious as to what MSBS and SMP/MS is? I searched but no luck. And sorry if this is a dumb question :(.

MSBS = Master of Science in Biological Sciences, that is getting a "true" Master's degree as a means to improve your application. Biology is a common program but public health, physiology, and biochem are also frequently used.

SMP/MS = Special Master's Program / Master of Science, these are degrees given out from post-baccluarate programs specifically designed to help gain admittance to medical school. The degrees are not usually well accepted for work outside of medicine as they are not "true" research degrees (but they often have decent track records at gaining their students admission to medical school). Before anyone gets bent out of shape, yes SMPs are tough, but if an employer is specifically looking for a Master's trained biologist, they are looking for someone who has completed the academic degree.

- H