interesting link

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMike24

eat, drink, and be merry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all... I just thought I would post an interesting link. It is a website for a gross anatomy course. Nice to see what we'll be doing in about 9-10 months :eek:

http://medicine.ucsd.edu/clinicalmed/abdomen.htm

Members don't see this ad.

that was kinda gross but not bad at all at the same time

I can't wait for med school :)
(I haven't even done my pig dissection yet....)

Members don't see this ad :)
when i went to bu we actually walked into anatomy lab during anatomy class and i was really surprised that it was no big deal. i thought i would freak out, but there were like 10 cadavers being worked on and it didn't really phase me, sort of reassuring in a weird way.

zurned said:
Perhaps the scariest part of that whole site is the commonly used abbreviations section.

u better get used to it, med school = memorization basically

at a recent med school interview, our tour guides took our group into the anatomy lab and purposefully showed us the bisected head of their cadaver... is this legal/ethical? i thought people (other than med students, and professors) weren't supposed to see this sort of thing?

what do you guys think?

Man thats great, I wish we could have seen that. On the interviews that they did show us the anatomy labs, they were nice and empty :( I wanted to see the good stuff. I dont think its the least bit legal to show you that. Unless they have sign a waiver maybe? I know they are very restrictive on who has access to the cadavers.