1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interesting site for pre-osteopathic students

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by wannabe_doctor, Jun 18, 2000.

1. wannabe_doctor

10+ Year Member

Hey if any of you are looking for a site for pre-osteopathic students alone, check out this one. Found it the other day and it is ok.
    www.geocities.com/wannabe_doctor

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I signed up..lets see what we can do...

4. wannabe_doctor

10+ Year Member

Glad that you joined, actually four more joined today! I am happy to see that there are pre-osteopathic students out there willing to participate in such a cool group.

Since the site went up recently, the POSA (Pre-Osteopathic Students of America) calendar of events is being worked on as we type. I will post again after the calendar is up and POSA meetings via chat are scheduled.

I hope we have more join everyday, it sounds like a great opportunity!

Later,
    wannabe_doctor

5. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just to let you all know, you need to be registered with Yahoo! in order to join any club. Registering with Yahoo! is free and you do not get any unwanted email (I never have)
    I just registered for POSA and I am excited!
    My name there is NUHTTY (my other AOL screen name!)
    I look forward to seeing you all there and I congratulate wannabe_doctor on his/her good work.
    Take care

------------------
    Joshua Paul Hazelton, CNA, EMT-B
    [email protected]
    University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
    "D.O. Wannabe"

6. wannabe_doctor

10+ Year Member

Things have been going good today, the calendar at the POSA club site is up now and a chat date and time is set. If you have any other things you would like to see the club do, or a different chat time, e-mail me or message me at [email protected]

I would like to thank those of you who have taken to this idea so quickly. I would really appreciate your involvement...that is the reason for the webpage. We need more pre-osteopathic students to work together so we can all get into medical school and become the D.O.s that we want to be.

Keep joining in everyone, the larger this group gets, the more we can accomplish!!

Thanks again everyone,
    wannabe_doctor

oh, and I am a he that is a senior in college in Kansas

[This message has been edited by wannabe_doctor (edited 06-18-2000).]

7. wannabe_doctor

10+ Year Member

Hey everyone,

I hope that you keep joining, we are gaining people pretty quickly!

I have had the pleasure of e-mailing a few people, and you all sound like nice people. E-mail me if you have any ideas about how we can make the POSA website any better. And hey, if you want to help lead us, go to www.geocities.com/wannabe_doctor/leadtobe.html I think that we can make a pretty good site if everyone pitches in and gives their input.

I am thinking of putting up a membership database on the site, so people could see who our members are. It would be a way that people in the admissions world could see that you are serious about osteopathic medicine. Just an idea though, tell me what you think and tell me if you have any better ideas!

Thanks everyone, hope more of you join us at www.geocities.com/wannabe_doctor

wannabe_doctor

8. ChiroBoy

ChiroBoy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I just joined....(MyDumDum)

9. aecuenca

aecuenca Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Hey wannabe_doc,

I actually tried to email the President of that website a few months back but the mail was returned. Here at UCSD we have formed a pre-osteopathic organization and have another chapter at SDSU. We are planning on opening other chapters at ASU and Cal State Fullerton in the future. We have also received support form the Vice-Chair at AACOM if we succeed in our goal of becoming a national organization. We would like very much to get in touch with you.

Please visit our website at http://members.xoom.com/omasucsd/logo.htm

If you could contact the SDSU President Glenn Matanza at [email protected] or UCSD President Wahida Azimi at [email protected] or [email protected] that would be great.

We hope we can work with you in accomplishing this goal.

Thanks!

Arnold Cuenca
    FOUNDER/ADVISOR OMAS-UCSD CHAPTER
    WESTERN UNIVERSITY/COMP CLASS OF 2004

10. wannabe_doctor

10+ Year Member

Hey thanks for contacting me!

I will e-mail the people you listed in your reply. It is nice to see that there are others out there like ourselves who are dedicated to getting the word out for osteopathic medicine. I stopped by your site...nice work. I hope that you liked our site, hours of work have gone into it.

Good luck to you in your osteopathic career. I hope that someday we are colleagues!

Thanks

11. aecuenca

aecuenca Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

no prob! I am sure that we will be colleagues in the near future.

I hope that one day both of our organizations work together and perhaps we may become one national organization.

I look forward to hearing about your wonderful work to promote osteopathic medicine.

-Arnold

12. wannabe_doctor

10+ Year Member

Just dropping a note to tell anyone interested that there is a chat for pre-osteopathic students Wednesday night (21st) at 7pm Central at the following site. I hope everyone can make it!
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/posa

Thanks

13. wannabe_doctor

10+ Year Member

Hey everyone,

We had a pretty good chat the other night. We would like even more people to come! Join the POSA and come to the chat meetings, you can learn a lot. The calendar at the yahoo club has the dates and times for future chats.

We are going to add (at the suggestion of our vice-president) a place where you can ask a question concerning osteopathic medicine and/or admissions to one of its colleges, and we will find it and post it on the site.

Check out the webpage and learn about us and osteopathic medicine...feel free to join us...it will be worth it in the end!

Thanks everyone,
    www.geocities.com/wannabe_doctor