Interesting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arohanui

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have decided to go back to the books after being a teacher for a while - I'm twenty five and thinking thats not too old for anything - Im not from the states and our system of medical training takes six years at varsity and one being a intern type thing. I want to do paediatrics what about you guys you have any ideas about what you want to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you asking about what specialty we want to go into? I don't quite follow your post.

I'm thinking radiology, cardiology, or oncology. In general, either something radiology related or some sort of internal subspecialty. Haven't worried about it too much. That's what the clerkship is for.

I ment what specialty did you want to get into

Arohanui (nice name!) check ou the programmes at queensland, sydney melbourne and flinders universities in OZ - they are four year grad entry degrees and are accredited by the same board as Auckland and Otago. NZ citizens are counted in the local student quota so there are no international student fees. However the application process takes an entire year before you can start - I think registration for the entry exam is in Feb '02 for entry into 2003. Good luck - send me an e-mail if you have any questions! Where abouts in NZ are u from?