Interfolio Length Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Interfolio Option Should I Choose:

• 1 Year ($15)

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • 5 Year ($45)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 10 Year ($75)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Just Checking Results/No Opinion

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm signing up for an Interfolio account for this upcoming application season. I'm debating on getting the 1 year ($15) or 5 year ($45).

I don't know why I'd really need it beyond this year assuming I get in but maybe some of you have come across reasons to get the 5 year plan.

Vote in the poll, share your experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely the 10 year. My god, the cost effectiveness (per year) sky rockets!

it depends how long you are going to need it for. I have a one year deal, and if I need it for a second I will then renew my subscription. I don't plan on using this for more than a year, but if you do, then its more advantageous to go for more time, cause it costs less in the end. However, it will cost you more if you don't use it for many years.

Members don't see this ad :)
What would be the advantage of having it for more than one year, besides the possibility of having to reapply? I guess I just don't see the logic of having it for 10 years.

What would be the advantage of having it for more than one yea, besides the possibility of having to reapply? I guess I just don't see the logic of having it for 10 years.
I guess I was thinking I might need the potentially need the LORs for opportunities and/or programs I would be applying for during the following summer (pre-ms1) or the following summer between ms1 and ms2.

The 10 year plan is ridiculous but 5 would ensure I wouldn't need my college letters anymore. I guess right now I'm leaning towards the 1 year with a renewal if needed.

I'm doing the 5 yr plan because I graduate this year but will not be applying until the following application cycle. For now I want recs for jobs and volunteer stints and the next yr I want it for med school. If I don't get in on the first round I'll want it for the next application cycle. And you never know if you'll need it for jobs.

if you have to reapply then you can renew it.