Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bet22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi - I was just wondering if anyone is using/has used Interfolio for sending their LOR's? Do all md schools accept letters from Interfolio?

It sounds like a great service that could save me and my recommenders a lot of work...just wanted to get some more info. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm using it this cycle. it is very convenient. from what i hear, all MD schools take it. some accept electronic submission from interfolio, others want hard copies. which ever way, it is much easier than doing all of that sending yourself. good luck

i had no problems using it when i applied. every school accepted it, and some enabled electronic submissions.
if you can afford it ($15/year + $5/packet sent) i recommend it

Members don't see this ad :)
okay guys, another question. i am already using interfolio. a lot of secondaries want you to check a box usually with three options:
1) premed committee letter
2)school service sending packet (list school)
3) individual profs (list names)
since i am using interfolio, which option do i choose???

spospo said:
okay guys, another question. i am already using interfolio. a lot of secondaries want you to check a box usually with three options:
1) premed committee letter
2)school service sending packet (list school)
3) individual profs (list names)
since i am using interfolio, which option do i choose???

This came up a bit earlier. Click committee letter, as they are only looking for one packet, and therefore can close your application when they receive it.

(As opposed to waiting for more letters from individual senders.)

Personally, I love Interfolio because it's not a drain on my writers to send 15 different confidential letters =)

so say committee (1) and not school sending a packet (2)??

okay, i've gotten mixed answers to this question. using interfolio ----- does this count as 1)premed committee 2) school service sending letters 3) individual profs ????????????????

Personally, I'd go with school service > committee. It's much more similar to what you actually have going on. But a lot of schools don't have that as an option, and you're stuck with picking committee or individual.

I don't think there is any one right answer -- different schools treated it differently for me. Ask each school if you are really worried.

MollyMalone said:
Personally, I'd go with school service > committee. It's much more similar to what you actually have going on. But a lot of schools don't have that as an option, and you're stuck with picking committee or individual.

I don't think there is any one right answer -- different schools treated it differently for me. Ask each school if you are really worried.

THANKS!!!!!

triangles said:
i had no problems using it when i applied. every school accepted it, and some enabled electronic submissions.
if you can afford it ($15/year + $5/packet sent) i recommend it

Did you use interfolio to send your transcripts as well? The site says not all schools accept transcripts from them.