Interfolio's email sent out to LOR writers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kaydubz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the email that interfolio sends out to letter writers explicitly states that university / official stationary is required, in addition to an electronic signature and how to upload it? I'm wondering if I should be worried about asking my LOR writers myself to make sure they put it on the right paper and have a sig.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the email that interfolio sends out to letter writers explicitly states that university / official stationary is required, in addition to an electronic signature and how to upload it? I'm wondering if I should be worried about asking my LOR writers myself to make sure they put it on the right paper and have a sig.

Good question.
Although I think profs or advisors should know it already...esp. those who write LOR like every 5 seconds :p
I use interfolio and have not asked my writers to use "such and such paper.." and I just sent them out to AMCAS.
Do you know how long it takes for AMCAS to change the status from "Not received" to "Received" once your interfolio says "delivered electronically" ???

Good question.
Although I think profs or advisors should know it already...esp. those who write LOR like every 5 seconds :p
I use interfolio and have not asked my writers to use "such and such paper.." and I just sent them out to AMCAS.
Do you know how long it takes for AMCAS to change the status from "Not received" to "Received" once your interfolio says "delivered electronically" ???

Most of the people writing mine have never used interfolio...sooo bump

Members don't see this ad :)
I just mailed off a LOR for a student to Interfolio today. (I'm a professor applying to med schools so I deal on both ends of the LOR process)

Yes it describes how to attach an electronic signature. I much prefer to mail/fax in a copy because the electronic sig thing is a pain in the butt.

No, it doesn't say anything at all about using letterhead. Most professors will do this automatically. I would never submit an LOR without letterhead. If you are worried, just attach a note to your LOR writer regarding letterhead.

Two of my LOR writers (last app cycle) couldn't figure out the electronic sig thing so two of my letters (found out later) didn't even have a signature...but I still got accepted. Because of that I make sure I mail in hard copies to Interfolio when I write LORs for my students.

Is it possible for you to get them to write it in an envelope and then send the envelope to Interfolio and they can do all that? It seems like a hassle for the professors to have to go through with all that.

Good question.

I'm sorry, what does AMCAS have to do with interfolio and LORs?

Is it possible for you to get them to write it in an envelope and then send the envelope to Interfolio and they can do all that? It seems like a hassle for the professors to have to go through with all that.

I cannot vouch for other LOR writers (doctors, etc.) but for professors....Department offices all have stacks of letterhead and the corresponding letterhead envelopes. Professors don't actually pay postage personally but just put the letters on an outgoing stack of mail for the entire department. So for most it is less a hassle than dealing with the electronic sig thing (my opinion). Its a lot better than the days when I would receive a stack of envelopes for a student and have to make 10 copies of a LOR and mail them 10 different directions.