Interfooliwho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TupacalipseT96

R U Still Down?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What in the beezy is Interfolio?

Do most people use it? In all my years creeping around the pre-med advising office, I never heard it mentioned. Now I'm seeing it here.

Can't I just have my school's pre-med office send my LORs directly to AAMC (or to wherever the LOR-stork normally takes them)? Or must I too use this interfolio business?

Members don't see this ad.

What in the beezy is Interfolio?

Do most people use it? In all my years creeping around the pre-med advising office, I never heard it mentioned. Now I'm seeing it here.

Can't I just have my school's pre-med office send my LORs directly to AAMC (or to wherever the LOR-stork normally takes them)? Or must I too use this interfolio business?
No to the directly to AAMC...Interfolio just makes it a whole lot easier if you are applying to more than 5 or 6 schools....

You can have your Writers upload the letters electronically to your interfolio account, and then you can send them out to the individual schools...I would recommend it if you plan on applying to 15 or so schools.

but how do medical schools know you haven't read your own LORs?

Or do they not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Our premed office just makes copies, charges a buck per school beyond 6, and has all writers send to the premed office directly. I had never heard of it 'til SDN either.

No to the directly to AAMC...Interfolio just makes it a whole lot easier if you are applying to more than 5 or 6 schools....

You can have your Writers upload the letters electronically to your interfolio account, and then you can send them out to the individual schools...I would recommend it if you plan on applying to 15 or so schools.

Actually, things are changing this year where the AAMC will accept letters and send them to certain schools for you (the ones that have that set up).

Actually, things are changing this year where the AAMC will accept letters and send them to certain schools for you (the ones that have that set up).

This should be standardized, but unfortunately, very few schools are accepting letters from AMCAS.

Not everyone has a pre-med office. My understanding is that you ask someone for a LOR, sign a statement waiving your right to read it, and the LOR writer sends the letter to Interfolio. The people at Interfolio attest that the letter came directly from the writer. At your request, Interfolio sends the letters to the schools.

Everything I know and heard about Interfolio has been more positive than using premed office/VirtualEval.

1) I haven't seen any post regarding Interfolio screwing up your LORs. I have heard countless horror stories from friends and on SDN of lost/mixed up/delayed/forgotten LORs when going through pre-med offices

2) They allow you to select LORs by school. I think this is a huge advantage over VirtualEval since you only send the letters requested and no extras, ie no need to send DO letter to MD schools.