'Intern Blues' for DOs??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am pre-med. Drawn to Osteo. I have read a lot of books like Konner, Lerner, Klass, Marion, etc. but these are all MDs.

I have also read books on the *historical* development of osteopathic medicine. However, I have not found any autobiographical books by osteopathic physicians/interns/students like those written by so many Harvard MD students (!). I am very interested in reading such an account as an insight into the experience of an osteopathic physician. I have run a search on these boards but only come up with the 'historical' perspective ones I have already read. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

onwis

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I also looked for these type of books and there don't seem to be any out there... maybe a couple of us starting out should try to get a book deal or something... have you tried searching on amazon.com or a similar site? Sorry I wasn't much help, but I have looked and wasn't able to find anything. Best of luck - please post if you do find one. :)

Try "Foundations for Osteopathic Medicine," this book(1162 pages)is from osteopathic resources. The applications on OMT and palpatory diagnosis in almost all specialties are discussed. Photos demostrating OMT are plentiful. Reads in textbook style, but has some experiences of physicians utilizing this medical philosophy.