Internal Medicine Residency Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RamblinRose

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to set up the last half of my fourth year now that all my auditions have been planned and scheduled. Wanted to know when would be the best time to take 2 weeks off for interview season? I have the option of last 2 weeks of December OR the first 2 weeks of January. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Trying to set up the last half of my fourth year now that all my auditions have been planned and scheduled. Wanted to know when would be the best time to take 2 weeks off for interview season? I have the option of last 2 weeks of December OR the first 2 weeks of January. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

First 2 weeks of January. No contest. Interview season pauses for Xmas/NY so there will be no interviews the last week of Dec and maybe only during the first half of the week before. So if you took the last 2 weeks of December, you'd get 3-5 days of interviewing in maximum. Jan 1 is a Sunday this year so, while Monday (1/2/12) will probably be a holiday (travel day for you), that will give you nearly 2 full weeks to interview.

Keep in mind that interviewing, particularly if travel is involved, can be pretty exhausting. Two weeks gives you time to do 5 or 6 good interviews and 8 or 9 if you don't need to travel much and don't mind not being able to remember your own name by the time it's over. You need to make sure you've got some chill rotations on either side of that break that will allow you to go to more interviews.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the advice! First two weeks of January it is!