Internal Medicine Residency Orlando Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ccooper86

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone rotated at ORMC? Orlando Health seems to be a well hidden gym. The residents seem to have a wonderful work-life balance, they have a bunch of fellowships (heme/onc, ID, sports med, critical care, pulmonary, and I've heard cardiology is coming), and the attendings were all nice, smart, and approachable. They seem to match a good mix of IMG and US graduates. Anybody else have similar experiences there?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there pretty recently. It seemed like a pretty good for a new program. While I was there, I was told they don't currently have any fellowships but Endocrinology is supposed to start next year so not sure where you got your information.

Members don't see this ad :)
The PGY-1 class has 7 USMDs and 8 IMGs if you count the prelims. All the USMDs are from FSU or UCF and the 1 lone exception is from MCG. The PGY-2 class has 1 USMD and 11 IMGs, and the PGY-3 class has 4 USMDs and 7 IMGs. I can't find any information on what graduates have done so I can't pass any judgement on the quality of the program as far as long term career outcomes go but take from that what you will.

Last edited:
Orlando Health seems to be a well hidden gym. 

Being able to work out in solitude is nice, but probably shouldn't be a deciding factor for residency selection.

Reactions: 1 users