internation trained vs Us trained

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dli1112

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is easier to be accepted to a IDS program or a graduate program after completing undergrad studies in the US?

Im asking this because my family is facing hardships in the US and we may move back to Guatemala, If that were to happen I would intend on applying to the Dental program in the USAC(Guatemalan School).

Im stressed because I dont know if this will make the process more difficult or if it would be better because their dental programs are more hands on.

Currently im a second year undergrad in the US ( or third semester), ive done lots of pre reqs , and have maintained a 3.85 overall gpa and a 3.75 science. If i were to stay in the US alone to finish my studies I would be in a hole of debt as I do not work to be a full time student and the price of school in the US is very high.

What do you guys think I should do?

Members don't see this ad.

what is easier to be accepted to a IDS program or a graduate program after completing undergrad studies in the US?

Im asking this because my family is facing hardships in the US and we may move back to Guatemala, If that were to happen I would intend on applying to the Dental program in the USAC(Guatemalan School).

Im stressed because I dont know if this will make the process more difficult or if it would be better because their dental programs are more hands on.

Currently im a second year undergrad in the US ( or third semester), ive done lots of pre reqs , and have maintained a 3.85 overall gpa and a 3.75 science. If i were to stay in the US alone to finish my studies I would be in a hole of debt as I do not work to be a full time student and the price of school in the US is very high.

What do you guys think I should do?
If you are a permanent resident/citizen, why don't you stay back and find some job to support yourself, while you are taking your pre reqs. SInce you have good gpa you have very good chance to get in to traditional DDS program. Another option is applying for fafsa (Federal student loan).But all this is only possible depending on your residency status. You can also talk to your pre dental advisor at your instituition. They will be able to give you some ideas. well, regarding International dental program, it is very competitive and a more stressful process. Still i must say it is doable. Do what is best for you and your family. All the very best :thumbup: