International applicant with PhD asking for help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chenb0

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first thread here.
I am an international student and wanna apply SOM. I read a lot about international application. But it is a little different in my case. I got my BS in China and now I am studying as a PhD candidate of Chemistry in NY. My undergrad GPA is fine(3.85), but grad GPA is not good(~3.4). I will have 3 paper(first author) published.
Is it possible for me to get an admission?
Or how to improve my chance to be admitted?
Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't know anything about applying internationally, but those 3 first-author publications will help you out tremendously.

Ghost said:
i don't know anything about applying internationally, but those 3 first-author publications will help you out tremendously.

But those publications are not related to medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
what are they about? what journals?

Ghost said:
what are they about? what journals?
They are all about enzyme catalysis, in Macromolecules, Biomacromolecules and Journal of Molecular Catalysis.

that will definatley help you. any type of basic science research is looked upon very favorably.

But you'll have to prove your desire to go into medicine by participating in clincally relevant EC's. A Ph.D. isn't quite a free ticket into MD programs. You are planning to apply after you receive your degree?

Pinkertinkle said:
But you'll have to prove your desire to go into medicine by participating in clincally relevant EC's. A Ph.D. isn't quite a free ticket into MD programs. You are planning to apply after you receive your degree?

i wasn't trying to imply that her publications alone would get her into med school, just that they would help.

Ghost said:
i wasn't trying to imply that her publications alone would get her into med school, just that they would help.
Oh, I'm just saying, its not targeting your post in any way.

Pinkertinkle said:
I do plan to be a volunteer in a hospital at weekend. I will apply one year before I get the degree.
I am wondering if I should redo all the premedical courses because of my BS from a foreign country.