International dental graduate admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinaaasays

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a US citizen studying dentistry in the philippines and am graduating in october 2014. My plan is to practice in CALIFORNIA. I am aware that i must complete another 2 years of school before i am eligible to take the licensure exam. I am also aware that colleges accept only a handful of international graduates (less than 30) each year to enter the 2 year program.

Now, being completely straight forward, my grades during college were average. I am even delayed a year because of failed classes.

This brings me to my questions:

1. How competitive is it to actually get into a program?
2. Are there waiting lists for these programs?
3. Are admissions based more on nbde scores or your past grades?

I would appreciate any information at all, or even anyone with a similar predicament, just to shed light on the situation.

THANK YOU!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a US citizen studying dentistry in the philippines and am graduating in october 2014. My plan is to practice in CALIFORNIA. I am aware that i must complete another 2 years of school before i am eligible to take the licensure exam. I am also aware that colleges accept only a handful of international graduates (less than 30) each year to enter the 2 year program.

Now, being completely straight forward, my grades during college were average. I am even delayed a year because of failed classes.

This brings me to my questions:

1. How competitive is it to actually get into a program?
2. Are there waiting lists for these programs?
3. Are admissions based more on nbde scores or your past grades?

I would appreciate any information at all, or even anyone with a similar predicament, just to shed light on the situation.

THANK YOU!

Hi! Im also from the philippines. I graduated last 2014 and now planning to take nbde1 this may. Im also wondering what how to get admitted in a university.
Did you already passed the test? Are u already studying in a dental university? Hope to hear from you!