International Dental School Accreditation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NufinButTheToof

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard anything about this?

http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/pubs/adanews/adanewsarticle.asp?articleid=1528

http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/pubs/adanews/adanewsarticle.asp?articleid=1529

Does anyone know of the schools that have or are applying for US/Canadian accreditation?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say its MAHE or Dharwad.

Members don't see this ad :)
BDS-DMD said:
I would say its MAHE or Dharwad.
of course cant be a govt college needs lot of money for recognition

meetlife said:
I so much wish..its MAHE....

Where is MAHE? I think they are opening up accreditation in the next few months. Has MAHE applied to the ADA to have its' program reviewed?

NufinButTheToof said:
Where is MAHE? I think they are opening up accreditation in the next few months. Has MAHE applied to the ADA to have its' program reviewed?
hi i am at Mahe and indeed our college is having an ISO inspection which i think it will clear also.do u think it will give our college accredition and we may perhaps be able to practise in US without DDS

nehabhalla_1999 said:
hi i am at Mahe and indeed our college is having an ISO inspection which i think it will clear also.do u think it will give our college accredition and we may perhaps be able to practise in US without DDS

I am not too sure of the process, but I would think if the school recieves the accreditation by next year, then all students graduating 2007 and on will be able to practice provided they clear the regional boards and have the right visa status.

nehabhalla_1999 said:

Hey..Neha...are you the 2001 batch????

NufinButTheToof said:

It is in Manipal ,India.

nehabhalla_1999 said:

Cool.. do you know of any other schools that are applying for US accreditation?

:confused:
Hi all
My question is " Does the accredition of any international dental school this or next year allow the already graduated students to practice in US."

Well, I doubt about that. It can be useful for future graduates, not for us.
I think so.

:thumbup:

Docnids said:
:confused:
Hi all
My question is " Does the accredition of any international dental school this or next year allow the already graduated students to practice in US."

Well, I doubt about that. It can be useful for future graduates, not for us.
I think so.

:thumbup:

Yea, No. It only applies to those that graduate after the school gets accredited.