Jan 26, 2010
Status
Dental Student
hello, im posting here toward the postbac after i had gone through international dental forum which didnt get much of idea there on how a one can imporve the gpa and gone through the post bac froum and read many post on sdn and the conclusion i came up with as im an international dental graduate with a gpa of 2.4 and looking on how i can improve my gpa in usa before i do apply to a dental schools and what i came up with by going through many threads in sdn is that :

1 - go take undergraduate upper division science courses for 2-3 years in usa . my question here 1) first of all i would like someone mention to me where i can take such undergraduate upper division science courses in usa some mention a 4 year university but still sorry if my question is wierd but what is meant by a 4 year university does it mean any sicence university and as im interntional dentist wich programs would accept internataional applicants, 2) second i want to know something which worry me much will the undergraduate sicence courses im going to take will be added to my forgein undergraduate gpa in other words i got a gpa 2.4 from my forgein university will by taking more undergraduate upper division sience courses in usa will that be added upon my foregin gpa and increase it ?

2- second thing i notice is that after i improve my gpa which is 2.4 now and get it to at least a gpa of 3 or more by doing 2-3 years undergraduate science courses which im not sure if that will count toward my forgein undergraduet gpa or not and would like ppl answer me in more detail upon that . i can after that jon a 1 year smp or a formal post bac which can help me get into dental school.

3- what is the differance between informal post bac and taking undergraduate upper division sicence courses with my gpa 2.4 which one i can doand which is best route to me ? as far as i know with 2.4 gpa i wont be able to join a formal post bac

that what the conclusion i came out with from sdn threads which is very helpful but what i want is what i got as a conclusion is right or there is any other routes i can take , would like to hear from many ppl as im international dental graduate and have not much idea upon how a one can improve a gpa in usa and would apperciate more advices and clear answer to my questions above.

i thank all in advc for their coperations here and advice

Last edited:

robflanker

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Shater - I don't know if you intend to be a troll but you are rapidly becoming one. You had your last thread closed because you have repeatedly posted the same question in multiple threads where it has been answered.

Look up your last closed thread and read what the forum mod said.

Jan 26, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Shater - I don't know if you intend to be a troll but you are rapidly becoming one. You had your last thread closed because you have repeatedly posted the same question in multiple threads where it has been answered.

Look up your last closed thread and read what the forum mod said.
hello , robflanker first of all it's not same questions and what i got as an answer is do my dat and do undergraduate science as u told me but where and more details, non did provide me with that and i got read all post and got my questions that i still feel lost in and didnt got them answered yet .so i apperaciate and value every advices from different and all ppl in the thread thx to all in advc

Last edited:

jslo85

Resident
7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2010
Chicago
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hello, im posting here toward the postbac after i had gone through international dental forum which didnt get much of idea there on how a one can imporve the gpa and gone through the post bac froum and read many post on sdn and the conclusion i came up with as im an international dental graduate with a gpa of 2.4 and looking on how i can improve my gpa in usa before i do apply to a dental schools and what i came up with by going through many threads in sdn is that :

1 - go take undergraduate upper division science courses for 2-3 years in usa . my question here 1) first of all i would like someone mention to me where i can take such undergraduate upper division science courses in usa some mention a 4 year university but still sorry if my question is wierd but what is meant by a 4 year university does it mean any sicence university and as im interntional dentist wich programs would accept internataional applicants, 2) second i want to know something which worry me much will the undergraduate sicence courses im going to take will be added to my forgein undergraduate gpa in other words i got a gpa 2.4 from my forgein university will by taking more undergraduate upper division sience courses in usa will that be added upon my foregin gpa and increase it ?

2- second thing i notice is that after i improve my gpa which is 2.4 now and get it to at least a gpa of 3 or more by doing 2-3 years undergraduate science courses which im not sure if that will count toward my forgein undergraduet gpa or not and would like ppl answer me in more detail upon that . i can after that jon a 1 year smp or a formal post bac which can help me get into dental school.

3- what is the differance between informal post bac and taking undergraduate upper division sicence courses with my gpa 2.4 which one i can doand which is best route to me ? as far as i know with 2.4 gpa i wont be able to join a formal post bac

that what the conclusion i came out with from sdn threads which is very helpful but what i want is what i got as a conclusion is right or there is any other routes i can take , would like to hear from many ppl as im international dental graduate and have not much idea upon how a one can improve a gpa in usa and would apperciate more advices and clear answer to my questions above.

i thank all in advc for their coperations here and advice
Shater this is the last time I am going to reply to one of your threads seriously if your questions are still the same and your attitude does not change. This forum is not meant to handfeed you, it's to get more advice/opinions/guidance from other students that are already ahead of you or in the same situation.

1. A 4 year university is any standard private or state university that bestows a degree upon a student after finishing his major. We say 4 year to distinguish it from Community Colleges (CC) or health career institutions like Concordia or whatnot. Most 4 years that I know of will accept international students, I don't know what "program" you are referring to.

It is not a clean slate to take classes in the United States since you messed up apparently in your home country. You send your foreign transcripts to an appropriate agency where they will convert whatever grades you have into a 0-4 scale before submitting it to the institution that you wish to attend. Meaning your UG experience wherever will still count. I don't know if you have done any research into any of this, I really doubt it considering the questions you still ask, but since you're applying to dental school in the US you would be using the AASDAS application system. Take a look and see how they compute your UG GPA.

2. I already addressed this issue above. I will also mention that any talk of an SMP currently without having taken the DAT, with your 2.4, and with all these uncertainties of how you will even get this started... I say focus on what's in front of you and not what you may qualify for 3-4 years down the road.

3. You are right. I cannot even imagine a scenario where a reputable formal post-bacc program will accept a 2.4 GPA student. There is no difference between an informal post-bacc and taking upper division science courses in your specific case. The words are used synonymously. Since they're the same thing I would say either is a good choice...

"that what the conclusion i came out with from sdn threads which is very helpful but what i want is what i got as a conclusion is right or there is any other routes i can take"

I'm trying to understand what you're saying. You say that the points you made in your post were the conclusions that you drew from SDN and now you want to know if they're correct and if there are other routes you want to take right? Well there are no other routes for you to take since you still have not taken the DAT and still have not done any research since the same people who had given you good advice before are the very same people who are patient enough to repeat the same advice again in a different way so that you might understand. You have picked a health profession in the United States where you have only 1 option which is taking your DAT and improving your GPA.

hello , robflanker first of all it's not same questions and what i got as an answer is do my dat and do undergraduate science as u told me but where and more details, non did provide me with that and i got read all post and got my questions that i still feel lost in and didnt got them answered yet .so i apperaciate and value every advices from different and all ppl in the thread thx to all in advc
Shater you apparently have realized that no one wants to reply. The replies to these threads have grown exponentially less as you keep trolling and the last people to reply to your thread are the same two who replied this time. Rob and I minus Braluk, who had only dropped in to inform you that he was closing your thread and you are in danger of getting banned, were the only two before and .... still the only two now.

I have wrote (imho) more than I should have so please, do some research on your own.