International Opportunities in Iran?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissMedicine

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any med schools have any OFFICIAL medical opportunities (specifically in the summer) in Iran. I am sure there are always opportunities that you could discover on your own but I am wondering if there are some programs already available at certain med schools.

Thank you

Miss Medicine
MS0

Members don't see this ad.

Hi:)
I`m Ali Reza Noorian,22 yo and 4th year medical student in Tehran University of Medical Sciences.
Here is my email: [email protected]
If you can explain me more about what you want I`ll ask for you as soon as possible:)
Best regards,
A.R. Noorian :)

MissMedicine, Noorian,

I'd be very interested in knowing this information as well.

Thanks,

care

•••quote:•••Originally posted by noorian:
•Hi:)
I`m Ali Reza Noorian,22 yo and 4th year medical student in Tehran University of Medical Sciences.
Here is my email: [email protected]
If you can explain me more about what you want I`ll ask for you as soon as possible:)
Best regards,
A.R. Noorian :) •••••Dear Ali

How wonderful that you know about this site from Iran. That's great. It would be really great if you tell your other med student friends about it too. It's always great when there are other Iranians in medicine (esp in Iran) to dard-o-del and share positive experiences with about this amazing field!

Well anyway, I will be starting med school this summer. Gosh, 22 and a 4th year student :) I wish we did it that way here! Although, I really wouldn't trade it for the college experience.

I would really like to spend my summers in Iran engaged in some sort of clinical experience, particularly in underserved areas needing medical attention. I think this would be an incredibly rewarding experience for me to go back to my home country to learn and do a little bit of good :) . I am really open to anything and am not focusing on a particular field yet (as you probably know, I am just going to be starting my general studies this summer) I know a lot of med schools have OFFICIAL international opportunities for their students in the summer and I would rather participate in a particular program sponsored by either a med school there or here that is specifically designed for taking American (Iranian-American) students to Iran to gain clinical exposure and experience. If you could look into this, that would be great.

Thanks very much, Ali!