[international pre-dental] Finalizing my list of schools that I'm applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

munch789

Reaction score
Hi all I'm struggling with finalizing my dental school list. If you could help me out, that'd be WONDERFUL!!!! (sorry if you already see this post on the facebook groups!)
-I'm INTERNATIONAL , so I am very limited with my choices, and even held at a really high standard
1f641.png
:
-I'm attending a university in the U.S..
-My GPA (3.8+) and DAT (25AA, 24TS) scores should be enough to apply all these schools.
-I'm trying to apply to 17 max schools because I don't want to die from supplements
1f641.png
:(.
-The priority would be to choose the schools with the highest chances for international applicants to get in.
(also do we need TOEFL for any schools :/ My DAT reading comprehension is 28 )
-Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much
1f642.png
:)
[Schools I'm Definitely applying - if any of these don't really welcome international, please let me know]
UCSF (probably the hardest school for international but I'm willing to try - admissions told me they take international students)
Tufts
USC
UOP
NYU
BU
Rutgers
Case Western
UDM
MWU AZ
NOVA
-
[Schools I'm not sure about]
temple
u penn (is it worth lol)
Pittsburg (6 quarter hrs of biochem = 2 quarters? aka one extra biochem I need to take ??)
Maryland (3 semester hrs of biochem = one extra biochem I need to take?)
VCU (2 life science LOR… i got 1 bio, 1chem, and 1 physics already..)
OSU (need another physiology course)
MWU Il(i need another A/P course)
-
[Schools I wanna eliminate from the list]
U of MN (2 extra essays …..?! or this is the supplement??)
UNLV (I already took one of each but I still need 1 more quarter of biochem and 1 more quarter of anatomy…

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know UOP is very international friendly, they even corporate with some agency to get more international students(one of my friends is an international student in UOP dent, he told me so). If money is not a problem for you, try UOP. Also if you finished a BS degree in US, TOEFL can be waived for all programs, call admission and they will wave it for you.

As far as I know UOP is very international friendly, they even corporate with some agency to get more international students(one of my friends is an international student in UOP dent, he told me so). If money is not a problem for you, try UOP. Also if you finished a BS degree in US, TOEFL can be waived for all programs, call admission and they will wave it for you.
thank you so much!