International pre dental student questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xiphoidprocess

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm speaking on behalf of a friend. he is an international student who is planning to apply to dental school this year. i was wondering what dental schools accept international students? also what does he need to do to make a great application? and does it make a difference if he has a greencard or not? all your help will be greatly appreciated :) thanks

Members don't see this ad.

apply to private schools. your friend will probably not stand a chance for state schools.

you don't need a green card to apply to private schools.

dental isnt as tough as medical schools. med schools will not accept any international students, expect for a TINY group of exceptional student.

if his stats are good, he has a chance, good luck

I'm speaking on behalf of a friend. he is an international student who is planning to apply to dental school this year. i was wondering what dental schools accept international students? also what does he need to do to make a great application? and does it make a difference if he has a greencard or not? all your help will be greatly appreciated :) thanks

I'm international & I got in to state school...
But like others said, the chance is very slim...
But w/ greencard, it will give him state-residency what seperates him from international status... So, i would say it'll be easier for him to get in...
And like others mentioned, he would have higher chance in private schools
but like myself, there would be some chance in state schools as well...

It all depends on his application & on what schools looking for and somethings that are special about him...
Just tell him to get good grade (no less than 3.5) & DAT score at least above 20AA...