International student, 4.0 GPA, 506 MCAT but (122 in the cars). Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

123joe123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm international student
I got 4.0 GPA, but only 506 in the MCAT (I messed up my Cars)... (129/122/127/128)... Plenty of research experiences and volunteering. Currently working in a medical school's research lab. What do you think :'(

1) What is my chance going to get accepted for DO school as an international student?
2)Which of the DO schools are you guys recommended due to my case?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know but let me see what @Goro has to say about this! I think he has some experience on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest applying to all the schools on the list tony was kind enough to dig up.
Does it hamper him that hes international? :oops: Or is it fine that hes applying to states from out of the country?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm studying in Arkansas, originally from Hong Kong.

Thank you Tony and Goro!!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm studying in Arkansas, originally from Hong Kong.

Thank you Tony and Goro!!

If you don't mind me asking, what is your comprehension of the English language? If it isn't that great, that would explain the extremely subpar CARS score. Normally when CARS is that low it means you have trouble with reading comprehension, but if your from a foreign non-English speaking country that would explain your score as well.

If everything else checks out, then you should be fine for DO schools and low tier MD programs. Just know that to practice in America you will need a strong grasp on reading, understanding and speaking the English language.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user