International Student Admission - Roll Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdmarshbu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many of the pharmacy admissions representatives I talk to mention that state status and residencies requirements aren't a huge concern for admission. We know this to be partially true, however statistics and evidence indicate a different picture (qualified international students aren't being admitted).

Can we start a roll call of International students who were admitted to pharmacy schools in the US. I would like to compile a list of schools who are sympathetic to those from other countries.

Members don't see this ad.

Many of the pharmacy admissions representatives I talk to mention that state status and residencies requirements aren't a huge concern for admission. We know this to be partially true, however statistics and evidence indicate a different picture (qualified international students aren't being admitted).

Can we start a roll call of International students who were admitted to pharmacy schools in the US. I would like to compile a list of schools who are sympathetic to those from other countries.

May I ask where you got this piece of knowledge from?

It's hard enough for out of state applicants to be admitted...why would it be any less so for someone who is from another country. Not to mention these forums are full of international pre-pharmacy students who seemingly have good grades and can't get in. Is it because of their interview, TOEFL scores, writing proficiency or other factors...who knows? Are private schools the only ones admitting international students? Like I said before...roll call...then we will see how long the list is...that might answer your question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got admitted to the University of Houston
University of Florida-Jacksonville campus
on the waitlist at SUNY-Buffalo

My first choice was UT-Austin of course cuz I'm currently an UT student,
I got rejected after my interview. It was kind of expected though since they didn't admit any international student last year and only 1 the year before. (guess I kind of thought I would be the lucky one )

I'm an old international student. I finished most of my pre-requisites in my home country. I got offers from several places:
temple, Thomas jefferson, Midwestern CCP, USN and also Harding.
I applied for about 16 schools, got 12 interview invitations, attended 8 of them and got 5 offers.

Good luck to everyone!

I am an Old international student too.
I used my old transcript from my home coutry for applying two schools.
One public and one private...
Got an offer from the public.
yeah.... it is a really narrow door for international students. IMO schools would choose domestic if their qualifications equal to domestic applicants.

For your roll call, I applied to 4 schools this year, 3 private, 1 public. I got interview invites from all 4 schools, declined 2 interviews, went for the other 2, and got admitted by both. The schools are Creighton University and West Virginia University. WVU is a public school.

It could be that these qualified international students get rejected not because the schools they apply to are secretly biased, but simply because they're competing for less spots. Not all schools admit international students, and for the ones that do, the competition for seats is that much stiffer. The same thing occurs in med school admissions.

Completed 4 year Pharmacy degree in home country
Applied and accepted in Nova International PharmD program

I finished my BS at Cal State Long Beach, and got accepted to Ohio State University, 7th national....I'm so proud of being an international student...:D

I applied to OU, Pacific (OR) and USN, UOP and LECOM. Got interview invites from the first 4, withdrew from USN and UOP and got accepted by OU and Pacific. LECOM asked for a lot of paperwork and I think they don't accept international student.

My stat:
Master in Chem (GPA 3.9) and BS in Biochem and Math (both degrees from US school)
PCAT: 99%

I looked into USC but found out they don't accept international students anymore. Could someone confirm with me that CA does not provide pharmacist license (RPh) for international students? (I heard this from several students but don't know if it's true).

I also got loans from Citibank with a US citizen cosigner. They will finance you up to 100% of your school's expenses.

For all the international students, what are your plans after graduation? I ask you this because if you seek employment in the US, you better have received permanent residency status by graduation, as it seems from these forums that very few employers sponsor work visas anymore.