1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

International Student chances a dental school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by MZAT, Aug 15, 2011.

1. MZAT

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Ok so I am a Canadian citizen who has been living in the US for the past 8 years (I can't get a green card or citizenship any time soon so I'm international) I take classes at a USF in Tampa, Florida. I have about a 3.6 science gpa and a little higher overall gpa, my question is will I be able to get into any dental school in the US because I know that most public ones don't accept Canadian citizens and by no means am I one of those 4.0 perfect international students lol (could you list which schools I have the best chance of getting in, given the circumstances). Also when I see a private universities statistics for acceptance can I assume that what they list as their statistics correlate to what I need to get to get in or is that ONLY for US citizens and likely much higher gpa is required for international students?

Thank you for any help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MAdental

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    just "bump" the other threadSSS you made buddy. It is more efficient.

4. jackalo34

Pre-Dental
    I agree...