International Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bella20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Provided that the rest of my application is well above average, how much do you think it'll hurt my chances to apply as an international student? I am completing my BS at an American college.

Members don't see this ad.

As an international student, generally those schools that might consider you will hold you to a higher standard than an American applicant. If your application is above average that will improve you odds of an acceptance somewhere. SDN has a lot of specific information posted by international students seeking a US acceptance. Do a "Search" typing in 'International' in this forum, in Pre-allopathic, and in Non-traditional. Check the School Selection sticky at the top of this forum to find schools that will consider international applicants and the total number they admit (scroll to far right to see this data).

As an international student, generally those schools that might consider you will hold you to a higher standard than an American applicant. If your application is above average that will improve you odds of an acceptance somewhere. SDN has a lot of specific information posted by international students seeking a US acceptance. Do a "Search" typing in 'International' in this forum, in Pre-allopathic, and in Non-traditional. Check the School Selection sticky at the top of this forum to find schools that will consider international applicants and the total number they admit (scroll to far right to see this data).
Hello, I was just wondering where the "schoo selection sticky" is? sorry, I'm just really bad at spotting things :)
It would be great if u could give me the link for that tool!
Thank you!