International students and employment in hospital pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZakMeister

RPh
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious to know if there's anyone out there who's an international student and has been hired in Clinical Pharmacy? It's virtually impossible these days :(

Members don't see this ad.

I know students that were international transfers that completed a US pharmd and then residencies who are in clinical pharmacy. I also know international graduates that completed the FPGEE and then US residencies and are now clinical pharmacists.

I know students that were international transfers that completed a US pharmd and then residencies who are in clinical pharmacy. I also know international graduates that completed the FPGEE and then US residencies and are now clinical pharmacists.
Hey, thanks for sharing. Which state is he practicing in and which year was it? Has s(he) completed PharmD in the US? For intl students they need to get sponsored and obtain what is called a H-1 visa to be able to work, has s(he) gone down that process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ZakMeister,
Are you an international student? I am as well. When do you graduate?

I am working for a large oil company healthcare as clinical pharmacist. When you say the word "impossible", you really put the impossibility over your life. You limit yourself by your own words. There are always jobs for talent people. Although our group are smaller than the general population, you can become one if you strive harder in life and do not let doom and gloom rule your life. After all, there are always people like BMB in this world who choose doom and gloom to be their lifestyle. Despite the rebukes from many people for their stupidity, these people remain a fool and die as the process of evolution dictates: the flexibility will win and survive.

Last edited:
I am working for a large oil company healthcare as clinical pharmacist..

This must explain the salary thing that has been beaten to death on this forum. They are going in crazy in North Dakota from what I've heard. Though cost of living is probably pretty high as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I am working for a large oil company healthcare as clinical pharmacist. When you say the word "impossible", you really put the impossibility over your life. You limit yourself by your own words. There are always jobs for talent people. Although our group are smaller than the general population, you can become one if you strive harder in life and do not let doom and gloom rule your life. After all, there are always people like BMB in this world who choose doom and gloom to be their lifestyle. Despite the rebukes from many people for their stupidity, these people remain a fool and die as the process of evolution dictates: the flexibility will win and survive.
Were you an international student and sponsored for H1B by the company?

Hi ZakMeister,
Are you an international student? I am as well. When do you graduate?
Hey sorry just saw your post. I graduate in 2017. What about you? Which school are you going to? I go to USJ in Hartford CT

Hey sorry just saw your post. I graduate in 2017. What about you? Which school are you going to? I go to USJ in Hartford CT

Is USJ friendly to internationals? Any other people are in your shoes of your cohort? I was interested in applying.

Is USJ friendly to internationals? Any other people are in your shoes of your cohort? I was interested in applying.
Are you an international student? I am the only one in our batch, but yes USJ accepts non US citizens but we are pretty much on our own with job searches n stuff. The school is actually doing great, but it's tough to digest materials in an accelerated program

This must explain the salary thing that has been beaten to death on this forum. They are going in crazy in North Dakota from what I've heard. Though cost of living is probably pretty high as well.

People in the high paying areas of ND live in their cars, because they can't get housing at any price (there just isn't enough housing available. But, if one doesn't mind sleeping in their car, that means a good chunk of their earnings that can go into savings.