loku

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
hi all,
I am an international student (studying in us), i recently took MCAT. I was wondering if somebody could list all the universities ( or the major ones) where an international student can get an admission easily.
I need some advice about the MD-Phd program too, how long is that course and i heard that we dont have to pay any tuition if you are enrolled in MD-Phd program. Is that correct. Any link would be highly appreciated.

Jun 24, 2009
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
I saw a really thorough PDF on this...but I can't find it. Maybe someone else knows where it is and can post it for you!

MedSchoolNoob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
There is no "easy" route for International applicants as they are expected to have better stats than regular applicants to medical school. There are a limited number of schools that allow international student to apply but most of them expect tuition for 2-4 years to be ready on a bank statement upfront WHILE applying. You can read the article in the link below; it has all the listings of medical schools that accept international applicants as well as their individual procedures.

http://www.fiu.edu/~preprofc/International_Students_School_Policies.htm

(It's outdated by 4 years, so it's always best to contact the schools you are interested in yourself just to make sure)