1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS HELP!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Megi, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Megi

Megi Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everybody,
    I just received the sweet, sweet news that I've been admitted to UHS!! I'm so excited.

My question is in regard to scholarships. Any advice on where I could find these for international students as I've tried <a href="http://www.internationalstudent.com," target="_blank">www.internationalstudent.com,</a> fastweb and I'm just not successful. Any other suggestions on financing for college for international students will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sincerely, Megi

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc_hubby

doc_hubby Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

megi,

If you are a permanent resident, Green card holder in the USA, you also qualify for student loans.

What is your present status? It seems quite unique that any US based medical school would accept anyone on a regular student visa. Mostly because of the situation which you currently find yourself in.

My other suggestion would be to look to your home country and see if they make any funds available for foreign medical training.

Chris