dentistz

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
HI!
Am a Dentist from India & am taking the Part 1 exam soon.
Am curious to know that do International Dentists with good marks in BDS & 90+ scores in Part 1 exam get admission into any MS (Clinical) program. How difficult is it & are there any programs where one gets any stipend ?? Pls suggest some university links if there are any!

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
dentistz said:
HI!
Am curious to know that do International Dentists with good marks in BDS & 90+ scores in Part 1 exam get admission into any MS (Clinical) program. How difficult is it & are there any programs where one gets any stipend ?? Pls suggest some university links if there are any!

Here is a list of US dental schools under state listing. Click the links, go to individual dental schools and look into the MS/ Certificate programs offered. You will also find information about course fee, stipend etc. 99% programs do not offer assistantship/ tuition remissio/stipend for foreign trained dentists. Saying that individual negotiations are possible. Programs either need Part 1 & 2 /both / GRE, or 1+2+GRE depending on the subject/speciality you intend to apply.

http://www.healthguideusa.com/dental_schools.htm

Good Luck

rahmed

international

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2004
Status
dentistz said:
HI!
Hi,
it all depends on what kinda speciality u would like to do. I know people who got in to Perio, Pedo and luckily one in Endo(Very Rare).
If you want to do in Ortho, Surgery, Endo, it is ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. But if you want oral Diagnosis, Perio, Oral radiology and so on, they are not that hard. Now a days Pedo is also very hard.

All the best

International

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
OP
D

dentistz

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
Dear Forum members,
Am thankful 2 all of u for thr replies & links.
Thanks again
:)

asj

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
hi! does anyone know anything about practising after MS without doing DDS?

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
asj said:
hi! does anyone know anything about practising after MS without doing DDS?
You can take license exam in 11 or so states.

rahmed

UABDentist

keep on rollin
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2004
New Orleans
Status
Resident [Any Field]
rahmed said:
Hi UABDentist

Thanks for posting this valuable link. My respect for the Forum members are on the rise everyday!

rahmed
You are very welcome buddy! Hope all is great at your end... Im just waiting on Upenn's reply....The Fedex will be out by friday i heard!!!
Cheers~

asj

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
hey rahmed! can you please tell me whcih are those 11 states accepting masters without dds? thanks!

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist

dentidoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Hi dentistz,
i'm also planning to take admission into MS prgram.Do u mind sharing how far has ur search gone regarding this.icame to US, 2 mnths back.Finding it really difficult,to sort out things.Will appreciate if sumone cld help me out.I'LL be staying in USA fr not more than 4to5 yrs, so want to do sumthing which is useful in my country(I'M FRM INDIA).So IN DESPERATE NEED OF VALUABLE INFORMATION!!!!!!!

2thdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2004
Status
Dentidoc

Where are you from?And where you based in the US?

Why you planning to go back?

Do you think any one who does his DDS/DMD/MS(Clinical) will go back?

shaikh dentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2005
usa
Status
I got in operative dentistry masters program. Should i go for it. I didnt wanted to do masters but i didnt get in dds program.
Any suggestions plz!!!!!

UABDentist

keep on rollin
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2004
New Orleans
Status
Resident [Any Field]
shaikh dentist said:
I got in operative dentistry masters program. Should i go for it. I didnt wanted to do masters but i didnt get in dds program.
Any suggestions plz!!!!!

Goooooooooooooooo Go Go for it man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For sure! You'll get DDS easily later on..dont worry about it at all.........
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Which Univ is that????
And did you take your boards? what are your stats?
Are you a US citizen or GC holder?

black bear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
dentidoc said:
Hi dentistz,
i'm also planning to take admission into MS prgram.Do u mind sharing how far has ur search gone regarding this.icame to US, 2 mnths back.Finding it really difficult,to sort out things.Will appreciate if sumone cld help me out.I'LL be staying in USA fr not more than 4to5 yrs, so want to do sumthing which is useful in my country(I'M FRM INDIA).So IN DESPERATE NEED OF VALUABLE INFORMATION!!!!!!!

hello, it could be a good idea to chech some schools that like to accept people that will go back to their countries and work there. So far I can think of Puerto Rico that has a program in ortho (I believe) that specifies that the applicant has to go back to his country after he is donde with the training.
There are other trainings in different specialties that will not lead you to a degree but will help you to acquire more skills and training in the area you choose. These courses are sometimes 1 year long but not degree granted at the completion of it.
Hope this helps.
Good luck

black bear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
shaikh dentist said:
Any suggestions plz!!!!!

Well Done, do not miss this opportunity, later on when you are done, you can still get license in some states with master degree only. Go for it, do not hesitate, and congratulations and please keep up the good work because that helps to all of us. make a good impression at your program, that helps to all of us.

black bear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
UABDentist said:
For your eyes only~

http://www.dent.unc.edu/resources/careers/Map.htm

or http://www.dent.unc.edu/resources/careers/ and then postgrad students...

By the way I found this very useful!
~cheers!
Thank you for the info. I am sorry you did not get in ortho specialty, but congratulations on your advanced standing acceptance.
I am planning to apply to ortho this year, I am working hard to take my NDB part 1 soon, and GRE too. I know it is very hard to get in.
How many schools did you apply to?, any advises? I live in the northwest part of the country and I am still deciding what schools to apply to.
Thank you for any advices.

rythm_rymes

10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2005
NJ
Status
shaikh dentist said:
Any suggestions plz!!!!!
HI There,'

Congratulations ...

well can u please tell me in which state u r, i m in NJ ,i want to apply for masters program but i m under delimme in which branch to go for...

plz ur help is appreciated

thanks

shaikh dentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2005
usa
Status
Thanks Everybody!!!!
I applied to univeristy of Indiana, i have passed both part 1 and part 2
part 1 86
part 78
toefl 260
gpa 4.0
but program didnt had requirements to pass the boards
i am a permanent residents

rythm_rymes said:
HI There,'

Congratulations ...

well can u please tell me in which state u r, i m in NJ ,i want to apply for masters program but i m under delimme in which branch to go for...

plz ur help is appreciated

thanks

UABDentist

keep on rollin
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2004
New Orleans
Status
Resident [Any Field]
black bear said:
Thank you for the info. I am sorry you did not get in ortho specialty, but congratulations on your advanced standing acceptance.
I am planning to apply to ortho this year, I am working hard to take my NDB part 1 soon, and GRE too. I know it is very hard to get in.
How many schools did you apply to?, any advises? I live in the northwest part of the country and I am still deciding what schools to apply to.
Thank you for any advices.

Its weird and amazing at the same time that you know so much about me..even though ive not mentioned it in this post.
Yes, I didnt make it to Ortho 2005...and Im happy I made it for the advanced standing program 05...Both of which you know already.
Get Part 1 above 90 if you'd want to go for ortho,
High GRE as well,
It is very diff to get in...VERY.
I applied to 18 schools in all.
Hope that answers all your questions... And gud luc with your quest!