Apr 1, 2010
Status
Hey everyone!

I just joined the network. I am an international student and am applying for the 2011 class. I was wondering if other international students could help me generate a list of schools I should apply. I am open to both MD or DO. ALso other international students who have successfully gotten in if you could please give me some tips, encouragement anything, I would highly appreciate it!
Thank you.:)

Apr 5, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hello,
I'm sorry to post this. But, I'm seeking some help from you. My wife finished her BDS in India and doing her residency which will be completed by October 2010. She is planning to study DDS here in USA. Can you please post some useful information that you have...

Thanks in advance
Vid

Sep 28, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Send me a private message with your email address (or do the same with any other SDN user) and I will send you a school selector spreadsheet (this spread sheet was removed). It lists the number of international students interviewed and accepted at each school.

However, many of these school tend to be difficult to get into (for example, Columbia, Dartmouth, U of Chicago), but there are also other international friendly schools such as Rosalind Franklin and Georgetown.

In addition, apply to schools within the state where you did you undeergrad.

I will try to find the link to a document from Duke (?) that lists the policies of U.S. med schools towards international students. For example, some schools require that you have an escrow account with funds for each year of your education or all four years:eek:.

Sep 28, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Hello,
I'm sorry to post this. But, I'm seeking some help from you. My wife finished her BDS in India and doing her residency which will be completed by October 2010. She is planning to study DDS here in USA. Can you please post some useful information that you have...

Thanks in advance
Vid
Does your wife have a degree in dentistry? If so, your question would be more appropriate in the dentistry/residency forums.