International summer research programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lnvictus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've always wanted to spend a summer between my undergraduate years overseas, but I never thought that it was a realistic idea and never looked into it. Now that I learned that a few people I know are spending their summer in India doing a clinical internship, it got me thinking that maybe it's not that farfetched.

Does anyone know of any overseas summer problems that focuses on research (preferably clinical) or is a clinical internship? I'm not talking about the kind where you have to pay to volunteer - I'm thinking of the positions that offer a stipend of some sort.

Members don't see this ad.

I would look first for any opportunities offered at your school. I found the perfect program through the international studies department at mine!

This website has a lot of good links: http://people.rit.edu/gtfsbi/Symp/international.htm
They'll probably update it soon for summer 2015. Apart from these, you could google international opportunities, especially the kind that are sponsored by departments of the government.

This is a great list of opportunities, but most are for undergraduates, not medical students. Has anyone heard of specific programs for those in medical school?