International Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wisguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took some language courses at a European university. AMCAS says that you need to submit all post-secondary grades. The transcript is probably not in English. Do I really need to submit these grades? Does anyone know exactly how AMCAS deals with international coursework?

Members don't see this ad.

Did your home school sponsor you and have those grades added onto your transcript as transfers? If so, you don't need to send the transcript.

Otherwise, I don't know, so if you don't get a response, try contacting AMCAS. When I e-mailed them about my study abroad transcript, they responded within 24 hours.

This stuff is pretty well explained on the AMCAS website (some long PDF download)...nobody here can give you totally reliable advice on your unique situation...

Members don't see this ad :)
For my international coursework, I did not have to submit a transcript. I called AMCAS last summer to make sure.

sorry to hijack the thread, but I plan to do a semester abroad in England in the fall. THe grades do transfer back to my current school but only on a pass/fail basis and do not affect GPA. Do you think med schools will want to see the actual transcript from the school in England or just the one from my undergrad? Thanks!