Hey all I am in a fix and am hoping some of you can shed some light on this. As an August McatEr, I applied to about 9 or 10 schools and sent out most of the completed Applications between late Sep and mid November. My parents live abroad and I really want to go visit them for about 3-4 weeks. My stats aren't ecstatic (~3.4 gpa and 24R mcat and I haven't received any interview calls yet. I am planning my travel between Jan 3 and to return by the month's end. Most schools have just sent me silly li'l postcards saying my application is complete. Now, can I go ahead and go abroad assuming that even if I do get an interview it'll be only in Feb or March or do I hang around the mailbox here waiting and wwaiting and waiting for an interview I may never get? I haven't been home in a year and I really want to go. A friend is gonna be taking care of my mail here and will notify me if anything comes up....in which case I'll either call the school or fly back early. Please Help!!!!! I don't know if this will be cautious or detrimental: to call each of the schools, explain my situation and ask them if I have a potential interview date and if so when???? Is that a good or a bad idea?