Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

International Travel

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by saumya, Dec 10, 2000.

1. saumya

saumya Junior Member

Hey all
    I am in a fix and am hoping some of you can shed some light on this. As an August McatEr,
    I applied to about 9 or 10 schools and sent out most of the completed Applications between late Sep and mid November. My parents live abroad and I really want to go visit them for about 3-4 weeks. My stats aren't ecstatic (~3.4 gpa and 24R mcat [​IMG] and I haven't received any interview calls yet. I am planning my travel between Jan 3 and to return by the month's end. Most schools have just sent me silly li'l postcards saying my application is complete. Now, can I go ahead and go abroad assuming that even if I do get an interview it'll be only in Feb or March
    or do I hang around the mailbox here waiting and wwaiting and waiting for an interview I may never get? I haven't been home in a year and I really want to go. A friend is gonna be taking care of my mail here and will notify me if anything comes up....in which case I'll either call the school or fly back early. Please Help!!!!! I don't know if this will be cautious or detrimental: to call each of the schools, explain my situation and ask them if I have a potential interview date and if so when???? Is that a good or a bad idea?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gower

gower 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Visit your family. If you do get any interviews, it is unlikely that they will be before you return. Enjoy your visit home and try to put your application out of your mind. I know from experience that is easier said than done, but try anyway.