International wanting to take npte

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wjs010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my gf is a brazilian PT. She has not practiced in several years and is now living with me . She really wants to take the npte. What are the best guides for the npte for an international student? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Bump for New Years help lol. I have done a google search of it- of course. But I want to get some direct feedback from recent grads/students. Thanks again for the help

Members don't see this ad :)
You take a practice test to know what you have to study after grading yourself. That's a study "guide" in itself. Then you can research other resources to strengthen the subjects she was deficient in. What state is this for?

Last edited:
You take a practice test to know what you have to study after grading yourself. That's a study "guide" in itself. Then you can research other resources to strengthen the subjects she was deficient in. What state is this for?
Georgia. She can start practicing while I'm in med school . That's the plan at least. Thanks

Georgia. She can start practicing while I'm in med school . That's the plan at least. Thanks

Take it one step at a time.

Has she taken the TSE, TOEFL & TWE for English proficiency? I assume her training was in Portugese? She will need to pass all 3 to be eligible to sit for the NPTE in the state of Georgia. If the school taught in English, the state requires a letter from the school stating that the curriculum was taught in English. Each state has different requirements should you relocate for medical school. Keep that in mind.

Has she gotten her education evaluated by the FCCPT, IERF or ICA for US equivalency? They may require additional courses or may flat out deny the possibility of licensure. This should be done ASAP.

Take it one step at a time.

Has she taken the TSE, TOEFL & TWE for English proficiency? I assume her training was in Portugese? She will need to pass all 3 to be eligible to sit for the NPTE in the state of Georgia. If the school taught in English, the state requires a letter from the school stating that the curriculum was taught in English. Each state has different requirements should you relocate for medical school. Keep that in mind.

Has she gotten her education evaluated by the FCCPT, IERF or ICA for US equivalency? They may require additional courses or may flat out deny the possibility of licensure. This should be done ASAP.
Thanks a lot. I checked the links you gave me . I was thinking only one of the English language tests needed to be taken. That sucks. She has taken the toefl and scored very well. We aren't in a rush so we will do the necessary steps correctly. Are you sure she needs to take all 3 of those? That seems a bit excessive lol

Thanks a lot. I checked the links you gave me . I was thinking only one of the English language tests needed to be taken. That sucks. She has taken the toefl and scored very well. We aren't in a rush so we will do the necessary steps correctly. Are you sure she needs to take all 3 of those? That seems a bit excessive lol

I'm pretty sure. Take a look, this is from the PT board in Georgia.

http://rules.sos.state.ga.us/docs/490/2/03.pdf

I'm pretty sure. Take a look, this is from the PT board in Georgia.

http://rules.sos.state.ga.us/docs/490/2/03.pdf
crap. that sucks. I'm trying to find what year that is from. I guess it is 2013. It doesn't make sense why someone would need to pass 3 of the same exams lol

edit: I just found out that the TSE and TWE are actually just included in the TOEFL, so those wouldn't matter. I guess the next course of action would be sending in the transcripts. Thanks alot, Azimuthal, for your help!

Last edited: