Internationals who got into US dental schools..what are your stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teacup11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm an international student (non-Canadian) who is hoping to apply to US dental schools in the next two years. I am really worried since people have been telling me that it's really hard for international students to get into dental schools...but how hard is hard? I know that international students usually need higher GPAs and DAT scores than average scores listed on each school's website, but by how much? Is it common for international students who have 3.7+ and great DAT scores and speak fluent English not to get into ANY schools? It'd be really helpful if any international students out there who already got into dental schools (preferably NYU and BU since they seem to accept the most internationals)could share their stats! Thank you in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd also like to know.

Also in UK you don't get GPA, would that affect chances of getting in since it's pass/fail?

Hello! I'm an international student (non-Canadian) who is hoping to apply to US dental schools in the next two years. I am really worried since people have been telling me that it's really hard for international students to get into dental schools...but how hard is hard? I know that international students usually need higher GPAs and DAT scores than average scores listed on each school's website, but by how much? Is it common for international students who have 3.7+ and great DAT scores and speak fluent English not to get into ANY schools? It'd be really helpful if any international students out there who already got into dental schools (preferably NYU and BU since they seem to accept the most internationals)could share their stats! Thank you in advance :)

these forums focus on international dentists applyng to a 2 year advanced standing course in the US.
your question might recieve pertinent responses on the pre-dental forums.