Internet Server shutdown out during DAT, I already uploaded my unofficial scores to my application but was told they will be voided. What should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twitch2Much28

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I took my DAT last Friday and the internet server went out for 1 hour and 20 minutes during the natural sciences section of the exam. I sent a few emails to the American Dental Association and have yet to receive an official response regarding this issue. I called the ADA this morning and was told that I should anticipate an email from the ADA that my scores will not be verified and that I will be granted an opportunity to take my DAT under normal circumstances. I am anticipating that my rescheduled exam date will take place in early-mid October. I had already uploaded my scores to my application and I don't know what steps to take from here because I am unable to remove them from the application. I have had multiple testing cancellations from April to July and when I was finally able to schedule an exam in September, it was under abnormal circumstances. I plan on individually emailing each school I applied to inform them that my scores will not be verified.

My new issue is that my application will be considered very late in the cycle and I now feel hopeless. I was thinking of emailing these scores from last Friday, but I don't know if that would be a good idea considering they will not be verified. My DAT Scores from last week were a 19 Total Science, 18 RC, and 21 QR, giving me a 19AA. I scored 23 on the PAT section of the test and want schools to know that my scores were at least respectable considering the circumstances until I get to take the exam again in one month. I have a 3.68 overall GPA, a 3.67 Science GPA, and a 3.55 BCP GPA.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I’d recommend emailing the specifics of your predicament to every program you applied to and seeing what each respective institution has to say about it. AADSAS almost certainly won’t do you the courtesy of removing your invalidated scores, good cause or not. Btw, it’s quite impressive that you managed to pull out a 19 TS with only 10 minutes to work with.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d recommend emailing the specifics of your predicament to every program you applied to and seeing what each respective institution has to say about it. AADSAS almost certainly won’t do you the courtesy of removing your invalidated scores, good cause or not. Btw, it’s quite impressive that you managed to pull out a 19 TS with only 10 minutes to work with.

I don't think I explained what happened very well. I didn't lose 80 minutes from the exam, there was just an 80-minute period when I was logged out of the exam, and I just stared at an empty screen waiting for the internet to turn back on. I was granted a retest from the ADA

I don't think I explained what happened very well. I didn't lose 80 minutes from the exam, there was just an 80-minute period when I was logged out of the exam, and I just stared at an empty screen waiting for the internet to turn back on. I was granted a retest from the ADA

I see what you meant, those testing computers can be unpredictable at times...

Anyways, good luck on your retest.

Reactions: 1 user