tigress

queen of the jungle
10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm in the library right now studying for the MCAT, and I took a break. First off I just want to complain about my local public library, because all of the librarians talk at the top of their voices and it's a small library so you can hear them in the desk space and it's very distracting. Anyway, to get to the point: the computers here are used by signing up for them, and there's a timer on the screen that tells you how long you have left in your 30 minute session. I was wondering if anybody knew of a freeware type program I could download that would do the same thing. The internet is probably my biggest distraction, but I also need to use it for email and stuff, so if I could have a program that physically closed the browsers after 30 minutes, or however long I set the timer for, and sat there at the top of the screen telling me how much time I have left, I think that would help a lot. Any ideas?? thanks :)

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
you want a timer? type "online alarm clock" into Google and pick the first one. It won't close your windows though....

OP
tigress

tigress

queen of the jungle
10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
TheProwler said:
you want a timer? type "online alarm clock" into Google and pick the first one. It won't close your windows though....
Yeah I've looked at these alarm clocks. That's not really what I'm going for, though. I want a count-down timer that will stay as the top window. thanks though