Quantcast

Internship at the Federal Reserve Board - research experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiphopapotamous

Removed
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Would an internship for "The Division of Research and Statistics" of the Federal Reserve Board "to work on projects previously identified by economists in the division" count as research experience? I was planning on doing an NIH SIP, but this internship sounds really interesting (I'm an economics major, and I have other economics research experience as well as two summers of basic science research)

Oh, and it's paid. $$.

rem6775

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't see why not. I was also an economics major, and had listed all of my economics research when I had applied. It worked out fine for me.

gravitywave

fourth year
Reaction score
research is research. doesn't have to be BCMP research to count.

it sounds awesome actually - and just the kind of thing that a lot of adcoms crave in their search for diversity. paid too? get on that ***t, son.

ucladoc2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
research is research. doesn't have to be BCMP research to count.

it sounds awesome actually - and just the kind of thing that a lot of adcoms crave in their search for diversity. paid too? get on that ***t, son.

I agree. As long as it's hypothesis development and testing, it should be a great experience.

Just make sure that you can answer the question about how it fits into your overall medical career.