internship competitiveness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsyPsy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're pretty competitive with your hours, but I would encourage you to look for fit with sites based on patient populations. Also, why 11 posters and no publications? Time to turn those into manuscripts! You have a few months, I'd encourage you to get 3-5 under review by the time you submit your apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're pretty competitive with your hours, but I would encourage you to look for fit with sites based on patient populations. Also, why 11 posters and no publications? Time to turn those into manuscripts! You have a few months, I'd encourage you to get 3-5 under review by the time you submit your apps.
Tbh, I don't know how impressive just a submitted MS (or a few) is for an internship applicant if they have no actual publications. Anyone can submit anything--getting it actually accepted/published is the hard part.

Reactions: 2 users
Okay, what if I were to get at least 1 paper submitted before internship? That seems more doable in terms of workload. Would these other areas help balance out this weakness of having zero publications?

The hours are pretty average, but at a glance the rest looks ok. 1 paper submitted helps somewhat, but it's a pretty small needle move. Most if us don't look too heavily at submitted papers, revise and resubmit looks much better, but that's heavily dependent on timing and the quality of the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.