Quantcast

internship in australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xm105

Reaction score
in theory, yes. but australian hospitals are already finding it hard to provide for graduates of australian med schs so your chances are slim to none. i assume internship means PGY1

PacificBlue2012

Removed
Reaction score
in theory, yes. but australian hospitals are already finding it hard to provide for graduates of australian med schs so your chances are slim to none. i assume internship means PGY1

It was possible but now is nearly impossible. Working as a registrar or consultant from the UK is much easier. Many graduates of Aussie schools are even struggling to get internships.

Mrs Tiger

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was possible but now is nearly impossible. Working as a registrar or consultant from the UK is much easier. Many graduates of Aussie schools are even struggling to get internships.

+1

It's true

redshifteffect

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Depends where.

NSW and QLD are probably difficult at this stage but you may have a chance in other parts at least. Wouldn't wait too long though as it's only getting more difficult.

Crajee

Reaction score

By PGY1, you mean the first year after five years of medical school right (after you get your MBBS)? Some post-grad deaneries allow you to do your foundation year 2 in Australia (second year of post-grad, post five years of MBBS) -- how possible is this? Does anyone have any more information on this?

Many thanks,

Crajee