internship in australia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lost0409

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it possible to do internship in australia with a UK degree? =)

Members don't see this ad.

in theory, yes. but australian hospitals are already finding it hard to provide for graduates of australian med schs so your chances are slim to none. i assume internship means PGY1

in theory, yes. but australian hospitals are already finding it hard to provide for graduates of australian med schs so your chances are slim to none. i assume internship means PGY1

It was possible but now is nearly impossible. Working as a registrar or consultant from the UK is much easier. Many graduates of Aussie schools are even struggling to get internships.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was possible but now is nearly impossible. Working as a registrar or consultant from the UK is much easier. Many graduates of Aussie schools are even struggling to get internships.

+1

It's true

Depends where.

NSW and QLD are probably difficult at this stage but you may have a chance in other parts at least. Wouldn't wait too long though as it's only getting more difficult.

By PGY1, you mean the first year after five years of medical school right (after you get your MBBS)? Some post-grad deaneries allow you to do your foundation year 2 in Australia (second year of post-grad, post five years of MBBS) -- how possible is this? Does anyone have any more information on this?

Many thanks,

Crajee