Internship or Residency for non-EU or International medical graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lisa1921

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone :)

I am an indian, currently studying in a medical college in Malaysia. I am going to graduate in 2017. I am kind of in a huge trouble now, you see I cant do my internship in Malaysia because I am a foreign student and I cant do it in India also as because our degree is a twinning program. I was wondering, is it possible for me to do my medical internship anywhere else in the world except for US UK ? And how should I apply? I also want to do my postgraduation in Pediatrics. And I am thinking of doing a residency in pediatrics in Germany or any other European countries who will accept my degree. But to apply for that what should I do? How should I apply and through whom?
Looking forward to your kind replies. Please please help me in this :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone :)

I am an indian, currently studying in a medical college in Malaysia. I am going to graduate in 2017. I am kind of in a huge trouble now, you see I cant do my internship in Malaysia because I am a foreign student and I cant do it in India also as because our degree is a twinning program. I was wondering, is it possible for me to do my medical internship anywhere else in the world except for US UK ? And how should I apply? I also want to do my postgraduation in Pediatrics. And I am thinking of doing a residency in pediatrics in Germany or any other European countries who will accept my degree. But to apply for that what should I do? How should I apply and through whom?
Looking forward to your kind replies. Please please help me in this :(

Are you in IMU? If you are twinning with a British Uni you can stay in Britain, its the best choice for you. Unless you speak German, getting a residency in Germany will be very difficult, I've heard Germany is taking in IMGs but they are asking them to learn German at the very least. Not sure what the approach is for that though, you would need to find that out yourself.

Hello no I m not from IMU. Thanks for ur kind reply :)I had one more question. I heard the Oceanian countries have internship programs too but I didnt find them stating anywhere that its only for students from Oceania only. Do you know if a foreign medical graduate like me can apply for internship in one of the countries of Oceania like e.g Samoa, Fiji etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello no I m not from IMU. Thanks for ur kind reply :)I had one more question. I heard the Oceanian countries have internship programs too but I didnt find them stating anywhere that its only for students from Oceania only. Do you know if a foreign medical graduate like me can apply for internship in one of the countries of Oceania like e.g Samoa, Fiji etc?
No problem! I don't know about those countries sorry.

Does anybody know if Malaysia accepts foreigners for housemanship? I am Singaporean but I graduated from a Russian medschool. Spore doesnt recognize my uni but Malaysia does. My malaysian friends get matched so easily, at least 6-7 months from their registration with the MMC.
Help me out! thanks)))