mpino

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
hi all

quick question: i have heard that there are certain internship sites that refuse to accept PsyD's. i am not looking to get into the same old arguments about PhD vs PsyD, so pleaseeeeeeee lets avoid that. i am just wondering: do we know of any sites that do this? it would be an important bit of info for us psyd people that will be applying for internships in the upcoming years

Pia Getty

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
Right, check out the APPIC website and you'll find some pretty interesting info through the internship search engine. You can search for predoc. internships by location, setting, orientation,... and of course degree type ph.d./psy.d. Also listed is the number of students accepted from each type of program.

NeuroPsyStudent

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
There are some sites that do not accept PsyDs, but there are many that welcome them and some that prefer them. The best students from my psyd program often match with Ivy League sites. I think it depends on the quality of your program and whether it is university based.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.