Quantcast

Internship Sites for PsyD's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mpino

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
hi all

quick question: i have heard that there are certain internship sites that refuse to accept PsyD's. i am not looking to get into the same old arguments about PhD vs PsyD, so pleaseeeeeeee lets avoid that. i am just wondering: do we know of any sites that do this? it would be an important bit of info for us psyd people that will be applying for internships in the upcoming years

Pia Getty

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right, check out the APPIC website and you'll find some pretty interesting info through the internship search engine. You can search for predoc. internships by location, setting, orientation,... and of course degree type ph.d./psy.d. Also listed is the number of students accepted from each type of program.

NeuroPsyStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are some sites that do not accept PsyDs, but there are many that welcome them and some that prefer them. The best students from my psyd program often match with Ivy League sites. I think it depends on the quality of your program and whether it is university based.