• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Heather0309

Apr 23, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychology Student
I'm in my last year of my bachelor degree and I plan on going to graduate school for my PsyD. I'm wondering if it is possible to get an internship or to volunteer now to get experience and how do you go about finding positions. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

erg923

Regional Clinical Officer, Centene Corporation
10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
I'm in my last year of my bachelor degree and I plan on going to graduate school for my PsyD. I'm wondering if it is possible to get an internship or to volunteer now to get experience and how do you go about finding positions. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

local hospitals, shelters, crisis centers, behavioral centers, rehab facilities, local court system

ToneTone

7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2012
Status (Visible)
I did work in multiple community settings in crisis/trauma. The agencies all work together and I sometimes go to educational events hosted by other agencies to build connections, share ideas and find out more about what kind of clinical services they offer. Very helpful to get your name and face out there! Even if it is unpaid, you may be able to find populations you really enjoy working with maybe leading to employment later :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.