Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thecomebackkid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard any 'good' stories about internship?? I have heard nothing but HELLISH stories about it! I know theres probably no first hand stories in this thread but if youve read or heard any it would be nice to hear some.

Members don't see this ad.

I had an internship at a local hospital in the operating room. It was wonderful. I started the summer mopping floors, making the beds, and cleaning up after each operations. By the end of the summer I was scrubbing and helping retract on many different cases. They are even teaching me to suture. I worked with general surgeons, medical students, OB/GYN's, and ortho surgeons. I made great connections there and am now friends with Chief, and will be returning there over Christmas and next summer. So I guess some internships can turn out well.

I think the OP was referring to the medical post graduate internship year, not a rotation program for pre-meds.

Just wondering if anyone has heard any 'good' stories about internship?? I have heard nothing but HELLISH stories about it!

When I was an intern on the autopsy team, and we had no cases by 2:00 PM, we'd go home. I'd lie on my couch watching entire DVD seasons of South Park and playing Halo 2. Even if we did have cases we were never at work past 5:30 PM. No weekend call. If only the rest of my residency could be so glorious.